The Kinross Town Hall development comprises of a suite of three individual civic buildings each constructed
at different times during the heyday of the British Empire.
The buildings are constructed on the site of the former Kinross Parish Church where the steeple still remains, converted to a Clock Tower which continues to mark time for the people of Kinross today.
The initial phase of the building comprised of the Post Office being constructed in 1841 around the former Church Steeple. The Town Hall was constructed in 1868 and commissioned for use by the community in the following year. The final building in the suite was the Carnegie Library completed in 1905.
The war memorials integrated into the building pay homage to the history of this important development.